Thursday, July 29, 2010

Adorable Art Caddy

IMGP8807

My dear friend V’s little girl turned 2 last week so she needed something special from Auntie H. I found a great art case tutorial from This Mama Makes Stuff. But, of course, I altered it just a bit. I took my own measurements using construction paper as a guide, since it measures larger than a standard coloring book. My favorite part of this case is that it’s cut as one long strip and folded over itself to make the pencil pocket. Such a great idea and time saver!

Supplies Needed: 1/2 yard of 45”wide double-sided quilted fabric, 1 package of wide double-fold bias tape for finishing the edges, magnetic closure (can also use Velcro), thread, felt scraps

IMGP8809

The biggest difference between mine and the tutorial is the added crayon pocket.








IMGP8804




Positioning the crayon pocket near the top allowed the crayons and pencils to nest within each other, so no extra thickness was added.

IMGP8802IMGP8800

I finished by adding handles, a magnetic closure and a cute felt appliqué on the outside. Birthday win!

signature

2 comments:

  1. I love this so much. Now I have to have the guts to start letting Iz use it. But it looks so perfect... maybe I'll just keep showing it off to everyone I know for just a couple more months.

    ReplyDelete