Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beach Robe

I’ve been wanting to make a robe for Asher since for over a year. In fact I bought the towel for it way back (from Target) but I couldn’t settle on a pattern. I was so excited to see Dana of MADE post her pattern. I thought it was adorable and started on it the next day. It took longer than it should because I stupidly bought Single fold bias tape so I had to return it and get double fold a few days later.


I’m so happy with how it turned out. The only change I made to the pattern was that I did mitered corners on the robe ties. I think it made it just a little bit more boyish. 028

I lined the the hood with a monster fabric. The same one I used here.


My friends all cracked up at Asher in a shorty robe but they also though it was really cute.


Thanks Dana for the cool pattern. Asher already picked out the towel for his next robe. It’s a really bright orange… coming soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment