That’s right we are hosting an i-spy swap. The details are listed below.
Whenever my mother comes to visit she brings fabric to make a quilt top. During her last visit she finished with a week to spare and wanted to make another. I pulled out my box of i-spy squares from a couple of swaps hosted by Care of Obsessively Stitching. My mom was instantly hooked.
She wants to make another one and says what is the point of having a daughter with a craft blog if you can’t take advantage of it. So we are hosting an i-spy swap!
Mail 200 I-Spy squares to me by December 1st.
Get 200 I-Spy squares back, all different, by December 15th.
PLEASE be sure you can meet the deadlines BEFORE you sign up!
1. The first 36 people to comment are in. [If you live outside the U.S., no problem -- but please mail your fabrics a little earlier so there's plenty of time to meet the deadline!]
2. Cut 20 4" squares out of each of 10 different novelty print fabrics. A 1/4-yard cut or fat quarter will get you 20 4" squares, so you will be purchasing a total of about 2 1/2 yards of fabric. This is NOTHING when you think about all the different squares you will be getting back!
3. In order to avoid duplicates, everyone will need to search out unusual or obscure prints. Look for things that aren't available at chain stores. But, please, pick FUN ones! If you love it, the other swappers will love it too!
4. Remember that we are looking for fabric with objects on it, not printy-prints. (A fabric with FLOWERS on it is very different from a FLORAL PRINT.)
5. No "licensed" prints: No Disney, Dora, L.A. Lakers, etc.
6. Remember seam allowances! Be sure you can tell what you are looking at within a 3 1/2" x 3 1/2" square. Nobody wants only half of an object in their square -- cut them well! (Depending on your fabric choice, you may need to buy more than 1/4 yard in order to get an object into each cut square.)
If you want to join me in this obsession, leave a comment here that
includes your email address!!
Remember: The FIRST 36 who comment are IN!
*IF by chance we don't make it to the full double swap,
we'll do a single swap with the first 18 and save the rest
of the swappers for the next swap.
SERIOUS SWAPPERS ONLY...
Please read the guidelines before signing up!
Special thanks to Care of Obsessively Stitching for letting me steal her swap parameters.