Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Orange Shoes

My son is in love with the color orange and when his last pair of shoes were so worn that you could see the big toes I knew I need to find some replacements. His only request was that they be orange. I wanted something he could put on completely by himself. He has some velcro shoes but the tongues always seems to end up smooshed into the toes. I found these at Target and Ash immediately rejected them until I told him I would paint them orange.

DSC_0031

I love how they came out. He was right they are way better in orange.

Ruth

5 comments:

  1. They look great!!! I love that he loves orange!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! How did you paint them so perfectly? They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a small brush to go around the edges but impressive part is the graphic which was a total cheat. It is a vinyl image on the canvas so I just painted over it and then wiped the paint off. I wasn't sure what it would do but it came out better than I anticipated.

      Delete
  3. I'm dying to know how you got them so perfect too!!!

    ReplyDelete