Saturday, October 23, 2010

Boo! Halloween Roundup

I love Halloween! It’s among my favorite holidays…which all, incidentally, occur the last 3rd of the year. Here’s a quick roundup of my projects this month. I have more in mind, so keep watching.


 Pumpkin King Tee

 IMGP9975edit

I’m quite proud of Cam’s annual Halloween T-shirt. I love the movie “Nightmare Before Christmas” and, while perusing google images for good jack-o-lantern faces, came across a great Jack Skellington image. I knew right away what the shirt would say, but the font needed to be right. Turns out fontspace has the EXACT font from the movie title. Score!


 Happy Halloween Banner

IMGP0068
 IMGP9808

My sewing closet is blessed with an abundance of extra black duck cloth…not sure why, but it makes for a perfect banner. A simple rod pocket at the top and easy serger edge finishing helped this appliqued banner come together very quickly. I printed out a simple font, traced and cut out the letters on candy corn fabric backed with heavy interfacing (fuse-a-shade) and wonder under. The candy corns are also super simple…cotton in 3 colors (cream, bright orange and light orange…I used a yellowish print), fuse-a-shade and wonder under. I stitched fabric strips together first, ironed on the 2 layers of backing and then drew and cut the candy corn shape.


The letters needed to “pop” off of the background a bit, so I satin stitched them in orange thread. In hindsight, yellow or white would have made the words stand out even more. But I love it anyway!



Matching Candy Corn Onesies

During my in-laws’ recent visit, I decided to whip up a couple of matching onesies for Cam and his cousin Kody, who lives in the same town as my in-laws. I whipped up 2 more cute appliqued candy corns, using the same process from the banner.

  IMGP9810 IMGP9812

After stitching the candy corns down, I added a clever freezer paper stencil ;)

 IMGP9814

Are these cousins cute or WHAT?!

IMGP9998 
  
Happy Halloween everyone!!

IMGP9984
signature

2 comments: