Thursday, September 23, 2010

KCWC: Day 3 “What was mine, is now his”

Literally! Kids truly take all you have (and we give it to them freely and happily), but this time he’s taken the pants right off my, uh, legs.

IMGP9610IMGP9631edit

These were actually some corduroy pants I’ve had in the sewing room closet for quite some time, waiting to be repurposed. This was the perfect opportunity. I tried to use nearly every original part. The waistband, along with belt loops and button, are reused. The zipper, fly facing and back pockets are reused. The only part that didn’t work was the front pockets facing and lining…I tried sooo hard to use the originals, but the curve was too different and I couldn’t make it fit. I’m soooo proud of these pants. I even made a pattern in the process so I’ll be able to make more. YAY!

IMGP9612

I am loving KCWC!

signature

1 comment: