Monday, July 12, 2010

Straight-edge Monkey gets a T-shirt

065

A friend of mine who knows I am adept with needles (both knitting and sewing) asked me to patch up her sock Monkey. She has had it for years and its face was falling off (it was halfway ripped off and had just one eye and nostril.) The person who gave it to her embroidered an X on the back of his hands hence the straight-edge monkey. She dropped off her son to play with mine and they were playing so well with each other that I had enough time to fix the monkey’s face and make him a little T-shirt (out of a Gerber onesie, because seriously what else are they good for?) I used the sleeves and the main body with very little adjustments (since Gerber onesies are ridiculously skinny) Then I added a black rib from an old tank top around the neck. Lastly , I did a quick freezer paper stencil to match her son’s shirt. The whole thing took about an hour and a half and was a nice surprise for my friend when she came to pick him up.

 

067

Ruth

No comments:

Post a Comment